Saturday, March 7, 2009

My first week working at Mediavest

It has been a week since I posted anything new here. In my previous post, I mentioned that I will start working this week. Its the end of the week :) How is it then? Hmm! ... All I can say is thank God everything went smoothly.

I was pretty tired each time I reached home. Thus, I was tired and my mind was empty. So, blog was neglected. I did reply to all the kind comments though :)

You see ... my office is located at Menara Olympia, Jalan Raja Chulan. Me, I live in Section 25 Shah Alam. Without all the silly traffic jams and the bad weather, I can basically reach office or my home in around 30 - 45 minutes. But, as KL being KL and Federal Highway being Federal Highway, it is not possible.

I took a bus on Monday at 7.00 a.m. to Pudu. It took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach my destination. The worse thing was standing all the way there. Damn! Going back, again I took a bus home. Guess what, the queue was so damn mighty long. I ended up standing all the way home. Again, damn! I reached home in a pretty bad mood!

To avoid another 'Monday', I took KTM commuter to work. I drove to the nearest station, parked my car there and took the 7.04 a.m. train. Okay, damn again! The train was pack with passengers. On the way to KL Central, the train became more and more pack ... like a can of sardine. On the bright side, the train took 45 minutes to reach KL Sentral. From there, I took LRT to Masjid Jamek. Damn! There was so many people queuing up to enter the train. I had no choice but to wait a little longer to get a place in the train. It was certainly more pack than a can of sardines ... a pancake really! On my way home, gosh ... the weather was so bad. As I reached Masjid Jamek LRT station, I was wondering why everyone was standing at the entrance of the station. An officer told me that LRT was suffering from a power failure. Not wanting to waste any more time there, I walked to the good old KL railway station for the next commuter back home.

Basically, Tuesday was just as bad as Monday ... lol. Wednesday to Friday was much better. Though I had to stand all the way, there was less disruption. I avoided LRT for good. From now onwards, I will only take commuter to work. The downside of it is that I have to walk a little further to reach my office and back to the old railway station.

If you read my previous post, I am sure you will be thinking that I am walking too much again. Well, what choice do I have? I try to walk in a more relax way ... not too fast and not too much force already. What more can I do?

Other than all the troubles getting to my office, everything went well in the office. I will be taking over from my colleague, Mei, who left the company Friday yesterday. Frankly speaking, I haven't even master much of her job scope. I am a little nervous right now thinking how am I gonna survive and go through my new job scope next week. What am I to do?

Mei, thank you so much for your guidance, kindness and friendliness. If only you can work a little longer ... or don't leave at all. After all, I haven't even learn everything from you yet.

On the bright side, my boss Joanne Chong and my senior Wan-yi are very helpful, friendly and kind. I am glad and happy to be able to learn from them. On my first week itself, I already did several reports, a presentation and a briefing session besides getting to know and understand Mei's job scope.

As you can see from the image above, that's where I am sitting right now. Oops! Ignore my breakfast will you :) My desk is pretty messy at the moment. A lot of the things are not mine. But, I am not bothered to arrange as I will be shifting yet again next week to Mei's desk. So, I will just shift my notebook, some documents, my magazines and my stationery.

That's about it. Have a nice weekend ahead :)

Do you like what you have read, if yes, subscribe to my blog through RSS.


twenty-six said...

from shah alam to train..uhh good luck bro....maybe u hv to consider moving to a place nearby your office?

i am lucky coz from my house to office only took about 15 minutes but then my job requires me to go out meeting people at almost everyday (including weekend !!)..that for sure is damn penat already but the pay is good heh.

What to do?cari makan weh...

Lisalicious said...

hahahha i hate KL traffics

I blog about that also on the tiredness I had for the whole week!!!

it will be worst if it rains you know........

i didnt know ktm and lrt are so pack nowadays

lina said...

I feel your pain. I used to commute by bus from Klang to KL yonks ago. Had to get on a 6.00am bus just to make sure I arrive by 8.00am.

Hated the komuter trains, too packed and so infrequent.

м裏.jëиz said...

about the road and transportation system thing, im have no comment lo.

on the other hand, about your job, i guess you seem to be enjoying yourself from the way you write about it~


one thing you must not forget is, pls make sure you belanja me makan when you get your first pay cheque ar~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...