Sunday, February 15, 2009

A song that keeps playing in my head ... argh!!!

Have you ever experience a kind of situation (well kind of) where a song keeps playing in your head? You can call it 'keep spinning in you head', 'stuck in you head' or whatever.

As a matter of fact, a song is playing continuously in my head right now. It has been days since I first heard that song.

The song bore in my head. The song won't let me go. I seriously need a cure right now! I really do ...



I was watching Grey's Anatomy Season 5 Episode 8 (These Ties That Bind) the other day. When this song was played, I was hooked. The arrangement of the song was so intriguing ... so addictive.

I search for the song immediately. And, what a catch! (weee!). By the way, the song above is called 'Trouble is a Friend' by Lenka ... from her self-titled debut album released few months back. As the chorus goes:
He's there in the dark
he's there in my heart
he waits in the winds
he's gotta play a part
Trouble is a friend
Yeah trouble is a friend of mine. Oh! Oh!

So don't be alarmed if he takes you by the arm
I won't let him win, but I'm a sucker for his charm
Trouble is a friend
Yeah trouble is a friend of mine. Oh! oh!
So, to Lenka, trouble is a 'He'. To me, trouble can be a he or a she. But yeah, trouble is everywhere. Before we know what's going on, oops!, we are in trouble. You bad bad friend, trouble.

But anyway, Lenka is refreshingly upbeat. After listening to her album, I find that she is able to find a silver lining in just about every cloud. Oh, and she is very pretty too :)


Grey's Anatomy always have great music in their pocket I must say. Remember Inagra George's Fools In Love, Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars, KT Tunstall's Universe and U, The Bird and the Bee's Again and Again, Brandi Carlile's The Story, Sarah Melson's Feel It Coming and many more? Yeah, I hope you do. If you don't, what are you waiting for. Go hunt for it now!

Over the years, there are so many songs that get stuck in my head. And, it is not a good thing I can tell you this. The song will keep spinning every second every minute every hour. When you are driving, when you are sleeping, when you are studying, blablabla.

Not that I hated the song. No I don't. I love the song. But at times, I do need a moment of peace. We all need a moment of peace. A moment when nothing is in our head. A white space. A breathing space. A space without any intruders.

Gosh! I'm still hearing it in my head. Got to get my dose of 'Trouble is a Friend' now.

Before I go, tell me, what's your songs that get stuck in you head frequently?

Reminder:
Don't blame me if the song is stuck in you head. It's not my fault :)

Do you like what you have read, if yes, do subscribe to my blog through RSS.
Share:

7 comments:

Arika said...

That songs great thanks for sharing, I need to get caught up on Grey's anatomy still!
For me this song always gets stuck in my head for days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfWC4Sgkcs

jasonmighty said...

Arica, you are welcome. Ooh...Arcade Fire...I like that song :)

Anonymous said...

Up in the gym, just workin on ma fitness! He's ma witness (that puts em boys on rock rock!!)...

:D

I have unfortunate memories, you see.

Anonymous said...

. . . the wind has taken you . . . you're free finally at peace . . . so still you lie . . . leaving the world behind . . .


=P

м裏.jëиz said...

i dont watch Grey's Anatomy but i do believe the songs used are great.

Snow Patrol, KT Tunstall, Sarah Melson are simply superb.

you know who's song is stuck in my head lately?

jonas brothers - love bug
taylor swift - teardrops on my guitar

nice songs.

MeiYah said...

I like Lenka's song...'The Show' song kept on running in my mind too hahaha.. love it.. :)

jasonmighty said...

@Jenny: Hmm...I can see that :)

@Anonymous: I know who you are...haha...The Wind invaded my head once too...

@MissJenz: Jonas Brother...hmm...I don't really like them...but I like Taylor Swift's music...

@Miah: Ooh...that song is in my head too...