Friday, October 31, 2008

Perfect Symetry by Keane

I have been a huge fan of Keane since their last 2 album, namely:



They produce many great rock music with a different twist and edge to it. There are compared frequently to Coldplay and Radiohead. In my opinion, they are way better than Coldplay (overrated) and Radiohead (why can't they produce another 'Creep').

To those who haven't heard of Keane and their style of music, get both the album above. You won't be dissapointed...trust me. (I will be ready for some beatings if you are then ^.^)

If you do, try listening to Everybody's Changing, Somewhere only we know, This is the last time, Bend and break, Can'tstop now, Nothing in my way, Crystal ball, Is it any wonder...just to name a few....

Now, fast forwarding, Keane released their third album recently. It is named 'Perfect Symetry'.



My verdict: Well, I am kind of dissapointed. Why ... Keane...why ?

It is not a bad album, really. There are trying new grounds with their new album...which is commendable of course. Evolving is after all a requirement...except if you don't want to grow.

This album is very much 80's influenced. Below is the list of tracks:

Spiralling - makes you wanna dance and tap your feet along ^.^
Lovers are losing - nice chorus ^.^
Better than this - an enjoyable track overall...makes you wanna clap your hands ^.^
You haven't told me anything - sounds like previous track...hmm... ^.^?
Perfect Symetry - one of the better track here...^.^
You don't see me - very U2-esque...hmm...^.^?
Afain and again - similar in tempo to Spiralling...not a bad effort...but why ^.^?
Playin along - very oasis-esque...hmm...but not a bad track ^.^
Pretend that you're alone - nice lyric (we are just the monkeys who fell out of the tree...) haha...
Black burning heart - my favourite track...with soaring melodies ^.^
Love is the end - closest you can get to their old stuff...but not the best though...nice melodies ^.^

Overall, this is not a bad album. But it just isn't the excellent album that I hoped it would be.

There are mix elements here and there...some of it are great, and others can be improved. So, it comes across as an album without a strong identity.

Until then, I will have to wait for their next album then.



Well, you better do !!!
Share:

0 comments: